Film and Media Studies
Office: ZH 1002
- Ph.D. University of Florida; 2008
- M.A. Oklahoma State Unviersity; 2004
- B.A. Louisiana State University in Shreveport; 2001
- Classic Hollywood
- Literature and Film
- 20th Century Stage
- Cinema and Digital Culture
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- “Authoring and Performing ‘Latency:’ Postwar Sexual Discourse in the Two Versions of Marty (1953/1955).” Quarterly Review of Film and Video. 34.1 (2017): 18-36.
- “The Cinephilic Pleasures of DVD Commentary: Watching The Passenger (1975) with Jack Nicholson.” Journal of Film and Video. 66.1 (2014). 21-38.
- Buffoon Men: Classic Hollywood Comedians and Queered Masculinity. Detroit, MI: Wayne State
University Press, 2013.
- With Jason Sperb, eds. Cinephilia in the Age of Digital Reproduction: Film, Pleasure, and Digital Culture. Vol. 2. Wallflower Press, 2012.
- "Laurel and Hardy Queer the Fraternity: The Comedy Duo and Heterosexual Brotherhood in Sons of the Desert (1933)." Camera Obscura 25.1 (2010).
- With Jason Sperb, eds. “Presence of Pleasure.” Cinephilia in the Age of Digital Reproduction: Film, Pleasure, and Digital Culture. Vol. 1. Wallflower Press, 2009.
- "Nationalizing and Segregating Performance: Josephine Baker and Stardom in Zouzou (1934)." Post Script: Essays in Film and the Humanities 26.1 (2006).
- “The Two Faces of Hans Beckett: Refragmenting and Reconstructing Cinematic Performance in Peter Lorre’s The Lost Man (1951).” Journal of the Midwest Modern Language Association 29.1 (2006).