Office: RH 232
- Ph.D. University of Chicago; 1995
- M.A. Saint Xavier University, Chicago; 1982
- M.A. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale; 1980
- The Teaching of Writing, Classroom Discourse, Induction and Mentoring of New Teachers
- The Dynamics of Writing Instruction: A Structured Process Approach for the Composition Teacher in the Middle and High School. Johannessen, L.R., Kahn, E., McCann, T. & Smagorinsky, P. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann, 2010.
- "Teaching English Together: Leadership Through Collaboration." McCann, T., Ressler, P., Chambers, P., and Minor, J. English Leadership Quarterly 33.2(2010): 10-13.
- With A.C. Jones and G. Aronoff. "Truths Hidden in Plain View." Phi Delta Kappan, October 2010.
- "A Modest Revolution on the Teaching of English." Illinois English Bulletin, Summer 2010.
- "Gateways to Writing Logical Arguments." English Journal 99.6 (July 2010): 33-39.
- "In Memoriam: Larry R. Johannessen." English Journal 99.1 (September 2009): 11-14.
- Ongoing: Editor, "Mentoring Matters," English Journal.