Medieval Literature and Language
Office: RH 331
- Ph.D. Cornell University; 1993
- M.A. Cornell University; 1991
- B.A. University of California, Berkeley; 1986
- Medieval Romance
- Middle English Language and Literature
- Arthurian Literature
- Textual and Bibliographic Studies
- The Auchinleck Manuscript
- Children’s Literature and Education in the Middle Ages
- “Teaching Guide for ‘Teaching and Studying The Middle English Romance: New Directions, Affiliations, and Pleasures of the Text.’” Literature Compass (online resource sponsored by Blackwell Publishing) November 2007.
- “Teaching the Electronic Manuscript.” Online supplementary essay to Teaching Bibliography, Textual Criticism, and Book History. Ed. Ann Hawkins. London: Pickering and Chatto, 2006.
- “The Seven Sages of Rome, Children’s Literature, and the Auchinleck Manuscript.” Childhood in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance: The Results of a Paradigm Shift in the History of Mentality. Ed. Albrecht Classen. Berlin: De Gruyter, 2005. 185-201.
- “Of Arthour and Merlin as Medieval Children’s Literature.” Arthuriana 13 (2003): 9-22.