Rhetoric, Composition, Developmental Writing
Office: RH 212
- Ph.D. ABD Northern Illinois UniversityUniversity, 1993
- M.A. Northern Illinois University, 1988
- B.A. English and Psychology, Wheaton College, 1984
Professional InterestsI have taught in the NIU Department of English since 1986, except for a five-year hiatus from 1997-2002, when I served as an Editorial Assistant in the Office of the Provost and coordinated NIU’s first Advising Information and Referral Services office. In addition to composition, I have taught Victorian Poetry, British Literature, and Women’s Studies. I have been awarded the Jenefer Giannasi Award for Excellence in English Instruction (2009), the Teachers Who Make a Difference Award from the Division of Student Affairs (2008), and the University Friends of CAAR Award from the Center for Access-Ability Resources (2007).
- Y1Writes. (CoEditor). Boston: Pearson, 2010.
- “NIU Passport to Success.” Northern Illinois University Publications, 1999, 2000, 2001.
- “Mentoring Opportunities at NIU.” Northern Illinois University Publications, 2000.
- “The Navigator’s Guide: A Self-Guided Exploratory Handbook for Undecided Students.” Northern Illinois University Publications, 2000.
- “Academic Tour Guide: A Handbook for Undecided Students.” Northern Illinois University Publications, 1999.
- “Mirror and Madness: A Lacanian Analysis of the Feminine Subject in Wide Sargosso Sea.” Jean Rhys Review 4.2 (1991): 19-27.